These are the Official Rules for the 2018 Holiday Bucket List Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Bank of Utah and Utah Key Real Estate. (“Sponsor”). By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules.
SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE AND TIMING
The Sweepstakes begins on December 8th, at 12:00:00 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”), and ends on December 20th, 2018 at 5:00:00 p.m. MT (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
ELIGIBILITY AND RESTRICTIONS
Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. There is no charge, fee, purchase, or other consideration required to enter or win the Sweepstakes. An alternative method of entry is provided: Send an email to email@example.com with “2018 Holiday Bucket List Sweepstakes Alternate Entry” in the subject line and first and last name, contact phone number, email address and date of birth in the body. There is a limit of one entry per qualified entrant during the Sweepstakes Promotion Period. Qualified entrants are limited to legal residents of Utah who are eighteen (18) years of age or older on the date of entry. Employees of Bank of Utah and Utah Key Real Estate and their affiliates, members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void where the Sweepstakes, or the method of entry or any other aspect of the Sweepstakes, is prohibited or restricted by, or in violation of, law.
HOW TO ENTER
During the Promotion Period (defined above), The sponsors will ask people to call Jill Peterson, Real Estate Agent at Utah Key Real Estate at 801.550.4412 and either tell her or leave a message with the entrants, name, phone number, email address and date of birth. A maximum of one (1) entry allowed per entrant during the Promotion Period. Purchasing or opting to receive information about Bank of Utah products or services or Utah Key Real Estate’s services will not increase your odds of winning and no purchase or opt in of any kind is necessary to enter. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. See “Eligibility and Restrictions” above for an alternative method of entry.
The winning entries will be drawn via a random selection process from the pool of eligible entries. They will have a chance to win one $200 Visa® Gift Card. Winners will be notified within 10 days from the end of the Promotion Period via phone call. The Entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to this Sweepstakes.
No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal approximate value.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Notification and Redemption of Prizes: Sponsor will notify the winner(s) via a method that Sponsor selects, within ten (10) business days of the close of the Promotion Period. A winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 10 days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to satisfy all conditions to acceptance described below, or to qualify for any other reason under these Official Rules, Sponsor may select an alternate entrant at random from among all eligible entries received. A winning entrant is only a winner after notification by the Sponsor and compliance with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor.
- Conditions to Acceptance of Prizes: By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state and/or other personal information in advertising without additional compensation and agrees to provide the Sponsor with anything reasonably required by the Sponsor to document such consent. Winners shall bear any and all costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize. All applicable taxes, including any federal, state, or local tax liabilities, are the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the Prize.
- Odds of Winning: Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The winning entries for the Prizes will be drawn from the eligible entries submitted.
- Administration, Application and Interpretation: Whenever Sponsor has the option, right or responsibility under these Official Rules to take any action or make any decision, judgment or determination, Sponsor reserves the right to do so (or decide not to do so) in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason or no reason, without being required to explain or consider the consequences of its actions or the advice, opinions, perspective or rights of anyone else. This is necessary for the efficient operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to apply and interpret these Official Rules and conduct and administer the Sweepstakes. Any decision by Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes, including eligibility of entrants and determination of the winners, shall be final and binding.
- Right to Cancel or Modify the Sweepstakes: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if it deems that it is reasonably necessary to facilitate the proper conduct or fairness of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, network overload (Internet/phone/cellular) or any other causes which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, change the Promotion Period, and select a winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: Neither the Sponsor, nor its parent or affiliates, nor their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, agencies, or attorneys, are responsible for, and entrants release all such parties from any claim, cause of action or liability, including without limitation those relating to any personal injury, death, loss, expense or damages of any kind, under any theory of law or in equity, arising from, (a) entry or participation in the Sweepstakes or limitation on entrant’s ability to do so; (b) acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (c) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected e-mail and/or postal mail or other communication; (d) hardware or software failures of any kind; (e) lost or unavailable network connections; or (f) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether any of the foregoing are caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it believes or finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by any court of competent jurisdiction located in Salt Lake County, State of Utah; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than as expressly allowed herein, and further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Utah or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Utah. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account on the entry. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account.
- Winners List/Rules Request: For winner’s name (first initial, last name) or Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “2018 Holiday Bucket List Sweepstakes” to: Bank Of Utah, Attn: Mortgage Business Development, 2605 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401.